Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Big Red Centre

Hey from OZ's big red centre! We're about a third of the way along our ambitious driving extravaganza around and through this continent country! We're just using exceptionally expensive internet in Coober Pedy, the opal mining town near Ayre's Rock where most of the homes (and this internet cafe) are caves dug into the desert, so no time to talk of koalas and kangaroos and Sydney and Melbourne and Anne and George's for the moment, but its all good! We've got a big journey ahead of us still, but hope to update soon, maybe a week or two, from a more...cosmopolitan location!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't care HOW expensive the internet is!!! I want to hear about kanga's and koala's!!! (hahaha ;) ) Also, do they have Koala soda pop there???? You know that Koala Springs that was popular in the 80's? And are koala bears mean and grumpy like they say? I think it would be cute seeing a koala bear bite someone.

I like that they call supper "tucker"! That's adorable. I just may have to pick that up for use in my own vocabulary.

Glad you guys are having such a smashing time in your camper van! Talk to you soon.

<3,
Karyn